As a parent or caregiver, one of the hardest things is seeing your teen in the grip of a drug or alcohol addiction. But when you decide it’s time to get help, deciding how and where to seek treatment can be challenging as well. You want to find a Sacramento rehab that understands the unique issues that teens face, since that awareness will greatly impact its ability to provide effective treatment. Fortunately, there are some key questions you can ask to determine whether a rehab program is right for your teen.
Important Considerations for Selecting a Teen-Focused Recovery Program
As you do your research, ask a representative at each program you are considering the following questions:
- Is your program safe and licensed? It’s critical that the program you choose is officially licensed and has processes and procedures in place to ensure the safety of participants.
- Is your treatment approach evidence-based and does it have a record of facilitating successful outcomes? It’s important that a program uses therapies and approaches that are recognized by addiction recovery experts as effective. If a program has been operating for a significant period of time and has demonstrated experience in helping people get on the road to recovery, that’s another good sign.
- Are family members involved in treatment? Family relationships are an important part of recovery. Whether that means a program gives family members an active role in aspects of the process or simply takes an approach where loved ones are educated about the process and kept informed about progress, it’s important that the family unit is considered.
- How will being involved in a treatment program affect my child’s education? Helping a teen overcome addiction while letting them fall behind in school is a recipe for relapses. Be sure that the program you choose knows how to help a teen manage rehab and school simultaneously.
- Is your fee structure transparent? While your child’s health is your top priority, there is no ignoring the importance of being mindful about the cost of treatment. And the last thing you need is an unexpected “gotcha” from a hidden charge you weren’t expecting.
High-Quality Help is Available
The good news is that effective treatment for helping your teen beat drug or alcohol addiction is available. And if you do your homework when looking for a Sacramento rehab that will provide skilled and compassionate care, you can be confident that recovery is possible. Contact us today to learn more about our programs.